Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

E1505 Laptop purchased 12/07 running Windows XP pro SP2. I went to back up my hardrive and my imaging software says the 1.99 GB FAT 32 partion: 0xDD (Hidden CTOS memdump) contains errors. Tried running error checking form my computer C: drive menu and cmd dskchk /r. Both said everything was ok. What is this partition? Could it have anything to do with problems I have had with the text disappearing from my display and any dialog box. Eventually my system crashes with various errors like bad image or image not present when I click on a desk top icon OR parameter not defined ....?

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
WOOF!
Which brand, Dell? Which model? Dell makes / made E1505 Inspiron & E1505 Latitude.

The hidden partition is OEM's method of helping you put your system back to condition it was in, from a software standpoint, as when it left the manufacturer's factory.

Do you have a manual for your E1505?

If you have a Dell Inspiron E1505 [ aka 6400 ], please see:
http://support.dell.com/support/top...entral?c=us&l=en&systemid=InspironI6400/E1505

Regarding data backup:
EXCELLENT IDEA!
I use Acronis True Image [ www.acronis.com ] to clone the HDD [ hard disk drive ] to a HDD of the same capacity or larger than the HDD in the laptop. I use a regular notebook HDD, and put it in an external case [www.Kingwin.com , www.vantecusa.com ]. Acronis True Image can be used to clone all partitions or some of your partitions.

"Could it have anything to do with problems I have had with the text disappearing from my display and any dialog box. Eventually my system crashes with various errors like bad image or image not present when I click on a desk top icon OR parameter not defined ....?"
Maybe, but probably not.

RF123

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.