Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having trouble playing various games, I checked the help screen on one of the games and it told me to make sure that DirectX was enable. I checked the DirectX file and it was empty. So what did I do, I went to the DirectX web site and downloaded the program. Now when I check to see whether or not the program is enabled, the folders and files are all over the place and they are not just contain in the Program Files, they are everwhere. I tried to do a System Restore, but it won't let me. ANY SUGGESTIONS

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updated Norton A/V and ran scan, also went to Housecall and ran online scan. No viruses detected. Performed a defrag overnight. DirectX is still scattered all over the place.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
you can run dxdiag this will test and show versions.
start > run > dxdiag

perhaps you have spyware on PC - have a look at the 1st few posts in the secruity forum - and you will see list of things to run.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I installed the DirectX 9.0 from the DirectX website, I "Open" the download and installed. The download never asked where I wanted it downloaded too. It just started the download process after I checked the Agree to Terms box. From a Help file of one of the games I was trying to play, it told me to make sure DirectX was enabled. It said I should check in the Program Folder, under the setup folder of the DirectX folder. When I went to the setup folder it was empty. I decided to do a search of my computer and this is when I seen DirectX was scattered all over the place.
I will try the start>run>dxdiag next.
No spyware on this system! I run Spybot S&D, Pest Patrol, Adaware and Spy Killer, about every four or five days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.