Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What did I do?

788 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Pancake 
#1 ·
For some reason my computer desktop screen has developed a couple of quirks.For some reason all the desktops icons are all highlighted like they have all been selected.Also there is like a screen or film that you can pull across the whole screen but only retracts to about an inch from the right hand side. Another issue is I tried to restore to an earlier time but there were no restore points even though I just set one up yesterday. Any ideas,your help is much appreciated.

#4 ·
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 8:59:54 PM, on 3/30/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
C:\EPOAgent\naimas32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\QUICKENW\QW.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 5 for hijackthis1977[1].zip\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QAGENT] C:\Program Files\QUICKENW\QAGENT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004033001/housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

#6 ·
For your icons:Go to control panel/system and click on advanced tab,under performance,click on settings.In the next box,under visual effects,scroll down to "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop",put a check in the box and ok your way out

#8 ·
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking" film that goes across the screen".Some more detail would help.

#9 ·
All of a sudden on my desktop screen there is a greenish "film"that partially covers the existing picture I have as my desktop.It can be moved back back and forth with dual arrows from the right to the left ,but it only retracts back to about one inch left on the right hand side of the screen.

#10 ·
Sorry I've never heard of it,maybe someone else will jump in with an answer for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.