Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what motherboard brands are good and which ones would you recommend?

this is the pc that im building for my uncle and his budget is 1000 dollars maybe a little over.

this is what i came up with so far.

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor HH80562PH0568M - 2.40GHz, 8MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB, Kentsfield, Quad-Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

Memory - Crucial Ballistix Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz EPP Memory (2x 1024MB) 2 sets of these.

video card - EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Video Card - 512MB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card

i did not include the motherboard , power supply , and the case because im searching for them. And all the other stuff that i missed is because my uncle already has those things in his other pc. like the hard drive, dvd rom and stuff like that.

·
Registered
369 Posts
what about the chipset which one is better intel or nvidia

also what are some good intel chipsets models ?
Intel makes processor, Nvidia makes Video card. So you cant compare them. Intel does have integrated video card on there mobo but they suck.

For me.

For processor, I would take AMD over Intel because of the price.

For Video CArd, I like Nvidia over ATI. I had too many problems with ATI cards that worked properly. Only problem i had with Nvidia card was with defective card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.