Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer will not boot It won't even attempt, I push the power button and nothing. I have changed the power supply (tested in another machine first and worked fine.) I have taken out all expansion cards. All that is connected is MB HDD, DVD drive, and monitor to graphics port on the MB. I replaced the motherboard ,with the exact same model that I had, and the processor. I even switched the power switch with one that was working on the other machine. I still can't get this to work. when I plug in the power cord and switch it on the MB light goes on. SO WHAT HAVE I MISSED. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
360 Posts
You seem to have covered alot of possible causes,have you made sure all PSU leads are secured - 20/24pin power supply, 4/8pin +12 aux power all HDD cables tight etc.

I would also try removing a stick of RAM,if you are using two,and try each one seperatly.

Do your fans all spin up when you start your machine,do you have a speaker attached to the motherboard,does it beep when trying to boot?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You seem to have covered alot of possible causes,have you made sure all PSU leads are secured - 20/24pin power supply, 4/8pin +12 aux power all HDD cables tight etc. Yes

I would also try removing a stick of RAM,if you are using two,and try each one seperatly.Only have one stick

Do your fans all spin up when you start your machine,do you have a speaker attached to the motherboard,does it beep when trying to boot?
Fans do not spin, nothing happens at all. not sure if there is a speaker I don't see one.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Have you cleared CMOS,you will find instructions in your manual for doing so,but if your fans etc are not turning on then then you would think it is a problem with your power switch or mobo as you have verifed that the PSU is working in another PC.

Check to make sure any jumpers on your board are in the correct postion,other than that I am stumped at the moment.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I'm thinking you might try removing the mobo from the case - It may be a case to motherboard related short and if it is if you set it up outside the case and boot it you'll know real quick. Click on crj's stickie at the top of the hardware postings. Follow it step by step and see if you don't eventually run across the problem. Keep us posted - Jazz

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
What is the EXACT make, model and revision number of your board, and EXACTLY what processor are you using?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.