Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After booting up my laptop and before the Windows login screen I get a screen which pops up. I have to press the OK button on this screen before the Wondows login screen will appear. The screen has a square outline with the filename in the top left corner and an OK button on the bottom of the screen - the center of the square is blank. The script before the file name is squares and lines which look like bar code. The file name which appears at the end of the script is always a dll type file and seems to be different each boot up. When I search on the file names the files are always related to Windows. These are the file names from the last three times I booted up. xpob2res.dll, wuaueng.dll, mprapi.dll. What do I need to do to get rid of this screen?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Rykmann: Check this out--http://www.programchecker.com/file/6076.aspx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - not sure if thats the way to go. For example I just rebooted, got the screen but this time no dll file name.

I got the little square screen with the OK button and the message "windows is starting up".

The only way to get to the Windows login screen is to press the OK button.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same problem. Every time i boot up there is a weird big box with ok button and nothing else (except few squares), just before windows logon screen. Its looks a bit different almost every time, theres sometimes more squares and sometimes other symbols too. But no filenames.. how do i find out where does that come from? I didn't come along with that software behind that link..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.