Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm developing a website meant to sell a single product, an application I've developed in VB.Net Express. I'm using Visual Web Developer.Net Express to build my site.

It seems to me that I don't need a full-on shopping cart since only a single product is for sale. Can anyone suggest a way to take a payment and then make the page available which allows a user to run the setup procedure which installs my app on their PC?

·
Registered
794 Posts
you should be able to find a simple checkout app... it might cost few every month or something... im not sure how you go about giving them the file... perhaps once they buy the software a they are given an account... and use php to only allow a user to view the download page... you could even incorporated a database and only allow the user to download it a certain amount of times... thats the best i can offer..

p.s. im not sure how much of this will be useful... seeing as i've never used "Visual Web Developer.Net Express" I'm not even sure you can use php

·
Registered
25 Posts
You could just set up a website with a paypal button, or use google checkout.

Once people have paid, you could set it up so that you receive an e-mail. When you receive the e-mail, you send them a copy?

Alternatively, just use a normal e-commerce solution and list only that one product.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Agree with the Paypal solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.