Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on my website and use WYSIWYG to build it. I've had a pretty easy time using it and publishing it until just now. I've tried twice to fix it and I don't understand what's wrong.

After adding some page links at the top to the existing ones and published the page, my website shows a bunch of this code:

$(document).ready(function()
{
$('a[href*=#contact]').click(function(event)
{
event.preventDefault();
$('html, body').stop().animate({ scrollTop: $('#wb_contact').offset().top }, 600, 'linear');
});
$('a[href*=#top]').click(function(event)
{
event.preventDefault();
$('html, body').stop().animate({ scrollTop: $('#wb_top').offset().top }, 600, 'linear');
});
$('a[href*=#portfolio]').click(function(event)
{
event.preventDefault();
$('html, body').stop().animate({ scrollTop: $('#wb_portfolio').offset().top }, 600, 'linear');
});
});

I have no idea what it means. The thing is, it will actually show the correct page if you put /index.php at the end of my website. You can check for yourself at AvantGardeCares.com. Try it without and with the index.php.

I'm not familiar with html coding or anything. I even tried changing the page properties so it was .html but that didn't do anything either. What was also weird was under the main heading I tried to put an icon for clients to book their appointment. When I clicked preview, it was perfect. But when I published it, it ignored where I adjusted the size and location of it and places it behind everything on the page in the very top left.

I tried going into my public_html folder and deleting everything and republishing the entire site to see if something was floating around in there that was causing the problem but it's just the same thing.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Browsers are picking up a spurious index file somehow ... inspect your root folder (public_html) looking for the following files:
Default index file names
Web servers look for index files in this order:

index.html
index.htm
index.shtml
index.php
index.php5
index.php4
index.php3
index.cgi
default.html
default.htm
home.html
home.htm
Index.html
Index.htm
Index.shtml
Index.php
Index.cgi
Default.html
Default.htm
Home.html
Home.htm
placeholder.html

One of the above will contain that spurious javascript mentioned previously - delete it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.