Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I think my brother is playing a trick on me. He came over the other day and got on my computer for a minute. Now I dont know how to get rid of his joke.

I recently made a Myspace.com and have been checking it every other day. Now when I type in www.myspace.com it redirects me to an adult site.( I know, he thinks hes a funny sucker)

Can anyone please tell me where I can change this setting. I have loojked but have had no luck.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
235 Posts
after downloading install ing open program hijack this and select scan copy and paste the text and post it on this page

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I left the room when he was on the computer.. When I come back it wont let me go to the site.... I am 99.9 % sure I was not hijacked. Its a setting somewhere in Windows I think or maybe a script... any ideas?

· Super Moderator
74,668 Posts
Mugie44 said:
I left the room when he was on the computer.. When I come back it wont let me go to the site.... I am 99.9 % sure I was not hijacked. Its a setting somewhere in Windows I think or maybe a script... any ideas?
Have you checked your HOSTS file?
http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/Term_to_Learn/General/Taking_Control_with_the_Hosts_file/

FYI, if your brother visited the wrong kind of site, it could have downloaded and installed a hijacker virus faster than he could have opened, edited and saved your hosts file.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.