Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are programs for windows such as HotPops and Yahoo Pops that allow receiving webbased email from Hotmail and YahooMail....
are there any such programs for Linux....i dont seem to be able to find any

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
what linux has afaik (please be advised i'm writting this at 5:30 am, and am droopy at work :( ) Is pop3 readers and smtp writters. now these programs can fetch and send mail but you have to have the pop3 and smtp addresses that are used. I believe that hotmail got rid of their's a good while ago...or am I mistaken in that understanding?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
O_O, Well i'd be interested in that too hehe :). We need to start a search for something that will do it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by tsunam:
O_O, Well i'd be interested in that too hehe :). We need to start a search for something that will do it.
i just find this and try to install later when i get back from a flight i make today....

http://mrpostman.sourceforge.net/

i hope it work as outline....:)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I tried the last non beta release which was 1.02, and apparently not sure if it was my connection or something i did. but I got a nice message from the msn hotmail server, basically saying. Your using a program thats trying to spoof it to your client. Denied :)

In a much nicer tone but that was the basis of it ^.^;;

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Whiteskin:
Did either of those work for you? I'm coming to the point where i'd like to try it.
i have not try it yet....but will try later today.....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.