Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TrendNet wireless webcam....it works on my LAN just fine and can be viewed on all computewrs on said LAN. However, I cannot view it from anywhere else. The main reason I bought a wireless camera is for security so I could watch my property when I'm away. I called Trendnet and they told me I'd have to set up a virtual server on my router and that I would have to get hold of Linksys....my router is out of warranty and I cannot really afford to pay for them to "help" me. Is there any help out there ??

·
Super Moderator
43,953 Posts
hmm i have same router i thought it has somehting about virtual servers... though I am not in the same location as the router...

Though I dont think they will charge you for support. Have you tried their live chat?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes they will charge me.... I already tried the Live Chat and they referred me to the Pay-For phone support.......29.99 for somebody to tell me a setting !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.