Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm starting to get a little peeved about my new computer and the web settings. Everytime I restart my computer, I'm noticing that my web settings are being reset for some reason. In particular, I'm looking to change my homepage from the default "MSN" website to something else (blank page, CNN, anything OTHER THAN msn.com). I can do this through the "internet options" in the control panel for IE, and through the webpage settings for Firefox, but everytime I reboot, it's back to MSN.

I've never had an issue like this, but it's got to be some small setting within the settings of my new computer. For what it's worth (if it helps), my computer is a Lenovo laptop, and I'm using the Symantec Client Firewall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the post. The info from the website sounds like what I'm dealing with, but they keep mentioning that I have to go to "Advanced Tools–>Browser Hijack Restore" to solve the problem. However, they don't mention where I do this. My gut says they're talking about MS Antispyware, which would make sense given the context of the posts.

The problem I have is that I don't think I have MS Antispyware. I've been looking on my computer, in the control panel, in the start menu, in the security center, searching for it using the search feature - nothing.

Any idea where to look for this MS Antispyware? Any other ideas on how to fix this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.