Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can someone please recommend a "free" Host for my Web Pages?

Best Regards,
AZ([:)>

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Isnt Geocities free? I know they have been recommended and only have a pop up or 2. When you find a good one let me know. I know someone else who is looking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks DoyceJ
& ClassyLinks,

Just to let you know, I am signing-up with Brinkster and I will let you know how it works for me.

Yours Truly,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ClassyLinks,
All I get when I upload my index.html file is "page cannot be found".
(I never claimed to be a Genius).
Az([:)>

·
Registered
213 Posts
hmmm....did you delete their default.htm??

Did you try re-uploading your index.html??

The default pages will load in this order (meaning that if one is missing the server will look for the next one in the list):
default.htm
default.html
default.asp
index.htm
index.html
index.asp

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ClassyLinks,

Well, here's what I found. The URL they sent to me via email is the one I sent to you. I noticed in File Manager that the number (24) in the Url was number (25). Try it again if you will. http://www25.brinkster.com/azriley/ At least I get an "under construction" page now. Also, I read in the FAQ that I should replace the Default Index.Html with my own. (is that right)?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Now you're getting somewhere!:p

You upload your images in the exact same way as you did your html files. BUT make sure that you put the in the correct folder. In your control panel there should be a button called make new directory (or make new folder). I see from your page that you want a directory called buttons. Make that first, then open it up (it should be empty) and THEN upload the files. That is the key, you need to be IN THE FOLDER YOU WANT in order to upload your files and have them work properly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rh71

Thanks. gonna keep trying "ClassyLinks" suggestion for now.

Best Regards,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.