Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I would like to thank you in advance for any advice in resolving the issues I am currently having with the internet. My wife recently noticed that she is unable to access websites she used to be able to access...shopping for those bargains. One for example is payless.com. I checked to see if it would load under my logon on our computer but to no avail. I have tried many fixes including those that were recommended by microsoft for ie8 but to no avail. I even tried switching to Firefox but still haven't been able to get on these sites. The problems is a main site will load but the subsequent site after clicking on a link will result in the dreaded error: Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage. I am running windows xp, ie8, firefox, symantec corporate edition, ms office 07, winzip, winrar, adobe photoshop 7, roxio creator 8.2, itunes, activesync, AIM, and registry mechanic. Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Doc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that again but still same issues. I have run multiple virus scans, adware scans, I have cleared the internet history, cache, temporary files and even went as far as uninstalling unused programs. I tried a system restore to go back to before this problem started but the system restore didn't work so I could not go back. I think I may wind up buying Apple next time after all these issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.