Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have just built the first part of my first PC. I have an elite K7S5A, Athlon XP 2000 heatsink and stuff.i was just wondering, could anyone recommend me an average(ish) Graphics card for that. about 64MB DDR should do.

Thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well there are many to choose from as is usual whenever you want to buy anything these days but all I can say is make sure you get an AGP version and go for a Nvidia chip model.
The Geforce 4 series is probably what you're looking for, but don't get on from the MX range.
The actual model will obviously depend on your budget but a decent Ti card can be bought for something in the region of £90 - £120.
You also need to take into consideration what you want it for as well as some come with Video in and out or TV or Dual head etc etc..
HTH
:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi Daniel... sorry about that, I didn't make myself very clear. If you can afford it spend a few more quid (bucks?) and go for the superior Ti range.. There's not actually anything wrong with the MX, it's just the ti are better for not much more money.
;)
Cheers

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey, thats cool.When i checked the prices of the Ti range they were over double that of the MX range!!I dont really want to pay that much more for a Graphics card cos i dnt think i would need its full potential.Are you from UK?If u are where do you buy your components and stuff?All i really need to get now is Graphics card and RAM.So have just been looking about for that. What spec is your computer?i'm gonna be so scared when i switch mine on incase i totally fry the CPU or something!!!lol

Thanks

Daniel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.