Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I have a Pentium 4 running at 3 GHz. The case has the factory CPU fan on it, as well as two additional cooling fans. I was living in a small apartment with no A/C a few weeks ago, and it was always UNGODLY hot in there. I've since moved, and the room the computer is kept in is likewise always REALLY hot. The new place has central A/C. There are 3 dogs and 4 cats living in here -- I can't keep the door open to the room (I'm allergic, they knock things over, etc.)

WHAT can I do to cool down? It's, on average, 10 degrees warmer in here than outside! Okay, yea, I know I can turn it off, and I've started doing that at night, but ... the problem reins during the day, and especially in the evening. I work on my computer constantly.

Help one sweaty computer nerd. :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
You could always put a screen door up to keep the varmits out. Don't laugh, I've seen it done.

·
Registered
467 Posts
yeah but screendoors don't help for allergies. I'd do what couchmaster said, take off the side panel and get a box fan or desk fan and place it on the floor directing it toward the case. OR liquid cooled. That's another option. In the mose extreme setup get long enough tubing to run it out the door or somewhere it's cool. LOL, people would comeover and say wow what's that green stuff inthe tube from? LOL.

·
Super Moderator
43,965 Posts
Only concern is that the water cooling... one rip and bye bye machine...

couchmaster said:
Run it with the side panels off, and get a floor fan to direct cooler air to it from across the room.
You stole that idea from McTimson didn't ya? :p :D

Actually, what kind of temps are you getting in the machine for the CPU?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.