Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have WC3 installed on one of my computers, but in order to play it, I need the CD in the drive. Unfortunately the CD was damaged by one of my kids (they won't admit which one did it!), but I do have a backup ISO image of the disk. I burned that to a CD, but that didn't work, so it looks like I will have to buy another disk. Is this correct, or will Blizzard send me a new disk if I can prove that the one I have now is damaged?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Hmm, help from blizzard may be a stretch..
I know we can't talk about ISO's, but just wondering why it didn't work...

Have you tried a "disc doctor" or any of the disc fixing ideas?.. Or is it "Damaged" as in someone stepped on and cracked it?
Prolly the easyest would be to buy a new one.
And if you want to try the "backup" again.. be sure you have a working one. :p

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the disk has a small footprint on it, and a line through the footprint (CD is cracked almost in half).

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
gurutech said:
Yeah, the disk has a small footprint on it, and a line through the footprint (CD is cracked almost in half).
:D

It reminds me the CD game I lended once to a friend for a few weeks. When it came back, I just had to garnish it with some mozarella slices to have a pizza.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha! The miracle of superglue, some super-fine grade sandpaper, and PEANUT BUTTER!

I got the disk working again.... LOL I can't make a copy of it or install the game from the original disk, but at least WC detects that the disk is in the drive when I want to play!

I glued the disk halves back together with the superglue, sanded the "extra" down as best I could, then filled the gaps with a thin layer of peanut butter, and it worked!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.