Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appreciate some assistance.

Have a PC running W98SE. It is one of those eMachines.

Would like to get rid of the "e" (eMachines logo)every time the PC starts.

Is there a simple way of doing this?

·
Super Moderator
46,552 Posts
Is this the start-up screen that usually says win98, win95 etc., or is this something you see when the computer first starts? If it is the former it is rather easy to change. You will probably see a file in the root folder called logo.sys and perhaps a file called logo.old. I cannot remember if these are hidden files or not [I have not used 98 in quite a while]. Just rename the logo.old to logo.sys [rename logo.sys to something else] restart and you should have the original start-up screen for win98 or 95.
If this is something you see when the bios displays what version and date it is, yes it can usually be changed. However, I would not recommend trying to do that since it is easy to mess up your bios and render the machine unbootable.

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
Hi FZWG....I think you'll have to live with it.....I emailed Gateway recently as a client wanted the Gateway logo to disappear, and was politely told that it couldn't be changed....something they write to the bios startup, blah, blah, blah........at least I think that's what they said ;)

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Hi,

Go into your BIOS, and under the Boot menu, look for a setting called "Quiet Boot". Change this from enabled to disabled, and it will get rid of whatever OEM logo is displayed upon bootup.

:)

(This is assuming that you have a setting in your BIOS called "quiet boot")

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crjdriver, AcaCandy, columbo,

Thank you for your replies.

Will check the BIOS to see if there is something there that can be changed. Otherwise, will live with the "e". Don't care to flash BIOS or anything of the sort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.