Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently checking out Windows 2000 Professional and Windows Me the full installations at a local resaler and the individual I spoke to stated that in past history Microsoft has pulled its older OS Full Installation CD's from the selves, leaving just the Upgrades, when they came out with the new OS, the individual did say that there was an exception of Windows 98.
But I was wondering if this will be the case when XP arrives on store shelves and elsewhere Oct 25 (I think).

I don't want to have to go out and buy Windows 2000 Pro and Windows Me right now if they will be avalible in the future as full installations. With all XP's registration and copy securities on it, I think it would really become a pain in the rear whenever I do something to my computer that XP doesn't agree with like upgrading.

I appreciate any input, Thanks

(I also posted this in the W2K area)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am a reseller and i still sell full versions of 98 se and above. Im not sure why someone would tell you that. If you go to pricewatch.com i bet you can even find a full version of win95

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.