Have you tried running tests on your HDD, symptoms are not unlike a failing HDD.
Hello Steve, thank you for your suggestion. I am going to download this and update you.Have you tried running tests on your HDD, symptoms are not unlike a failing HDD.
I just ran the Fix All Fast test and my HDD has passed... I'm very stumped about what's wrong with my laptop.Have you tried running tests on your HDD, symptoms are not unlike a failing HDD.
Here's my speccy link http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qW0ZGwwrTdl3BExSqcVB05hAfter providing the results of the Long test and if it passes then perform the following next steps.
Download Speccy to your desktop
1. File > Publish Snapshot. This saves your snapshot to their servers
2. Copy and Paste the link to your next Reply
Click on Start menu
Type command to start searching
Right click on command prompt in list and select Run Administrator
Copy and Paste each the commands below into the command prompt and press Enter key
1. sfc /scannow (best to run 2-3 times, rebooting after each time)
2. (Windows 8 or higher)
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
If any Errors are found with sfc /scannow then:
Copy and Paste the following command, and press ENTER:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
This will copy sfcdetails.txt to your desktop
Upload sfcdetails.txt file
Download Process Explorer to your desktop
- Right Click on the procexp64.exe or procexp.exe and Select Run As Administrator
- In the View menu click on Select Columns
- Check Verified Signer, Virus Total on Process Image Tab
- Select the Process I/O tab and check Reads, Rights and click OK
- Select Options Menu and Check Verify ImageSignatures, VirusTotal.com > Check Virustotal.com
- Double Click on the CPU Column to sort by highest CPU usage.
- (Highest CPU Processes should be at the top once sorted properly)
- Wait approximately a minute
- Select Save or Save As from the File menu
- Save SystemIdleProcess.txt to Desktop
- Upload file to your reply
Download Event Viewer Tool to your desktop
1. Right click on Vew.exe program and select Run as Administrator
2.. Under Select log to query
3. select System
4. Under Select type to list
Choose the Number of events as follows:
Click on number of events
Type 20 in the box (1 to 20)
Click the Run button (Notepad will open the log)
Upload files to next reply
Rename to SystemLog.txt or it will be overwritten
Run the above steps again Except at step 3.
Rename log file to ApplicationLog.txt
Upload or Paste to next reply
How to perform a clean boot in Windows
Let me know if it works much better in this mode?
Hello Jenae, can you help me understand what you said: By Defender, you are not pertaining to Bitdefender, it is different? By Defender, are you referring to Windows Defender? And I shouldn't be using Bitdefender, so I should uninstall it and just use Defender? Am I understanding this correctly?Hi, I haven't been active for some time, have the dreaded "C" all's on the mend now (hopefully).
Please follow dckeks advice, in addition does your version of Bitdefender include a firewall? If so, you also have defenders firewall active, two firewalls will cause you issues.
Surprised, with all the informed comment that some people still use a third party AV, Defender is superior to all third party AV's and you do yourself a disservice by not using it. Getting rid of Bitdefender will improve performance and security, you have to use their uninstaller to be properly rid of it.
For some reason, I am unable to edit my original post but I have done all tests except for Advanced and all has passed.That is exactly what he is saying and I agee completely.
Here is the Bitdefender removal tool to completely remove. Also please performthe other steps I provided. I noticed you only ran the short test on your hard drive. You should rerun the Long test to make sure it is good as follows.
Please Download and Run SeaTools for Windows
1. Once it starts it will scan for all drives connected to your computer.
2. Select drive you want to test.
3. Select the Long Generic Test under the Basic Tests menu
4. When the test is complete you will see the result under Test Status
5. The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.
6. Provide the Results in your reply.