Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://xpmania.deviantart.com/art/Aurorarion-Darkside-vR1-2-112521124

I just found this new theme which i am keen to install onto my netbook. I have followed the instructions given on the site, but it does not work. UXPATCHER does not work for me, and i can't find vista_deskhack anywhere on the internet. So when i cut and paste the theme files into C:\WINDOWS\RESOURCES\THEMES and then try to set the themes using control panel, they are not found? Any help would be much appreciated.

Incase it matters, i am using a brand new Samsung NC10 (got it this morning :p) with windows vista business

thanx

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
I heard about this on a Windows Weekly podcast and even downloaded and installed it but never tried it because Vista finally broke the camel's back and had to go.

The website is very minimalist but you just click on the Play with bits button and download, unzip and install. It patches in memory so you are supposed to toss any and all other patchers and tis supposed to work well. http://www.uxstyle.com/

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
I don't think its a normal program, more like a service that patches in memory. I only have two Vista systems left and they're not on at the moment. If I get a chance and no one else responds I'll see if I can figure it out on mine and get back.

I think most are ok with Vista as it is or use more dynamic programs for skinning like WindowBlinds, and the workarounds for old fashioned themes are clunky at best.

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
Get anything figured out? My Vista system is up and running for the first time since July 29th according to the alarm I set, ahhhh, its been so peaceful!

Ok, I'm on the case....looks like I need a theme manager...first idea, more later.

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
I'm still stumped on how to make a msstyle file work without a .Theme pointer file. It loads in the Impulse theme manager I'm trying to use but its just a shell with no content and I don't have Window Blinds 6 on this system to see if that would handle it.

So far the only way I've been able to make it work is to hack the Aurorarion Darkside folder by renaming it to Aero and using the aero.theme file to load it. I have the taskbar set to autohide though and its really sluggish (delayed) in coming up when I put the cursor down there unless I touch a clean part of the taskbar.

I'll keep at it now and then when I get time--there must be a good solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.