Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the story:
One day the power went out and when it came back again, I couldnt start up my computer.
I learned that the mobo and PSU fried. So I got new parts and stuff for a new computer. But then Vista on the HD kept giving me the Blue Screen of Death every time I try to load it up. So I decided to reinstall Vista. (LEGAL COPY!) So after installing, I try to do the verify thing for the windows genuine or whatever. IT said the CD Key was in use! But the thing is that nobody even in my house has used it, probably not even touched the cd, and I lent it to nobody! I saved up 160 dollars for nothing?

So is there a way that I could get it to work without buying a new vista?

Thanks!

·
Trusted Advisor
17,572 Posts
If this is the same copy that was on the damaged MB and PSU, then yes it was used.
What you need to do is call the phone number that is listed when you are trying to activate, and explain what has happened. They (MS) should give you the required information.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I have another problem:
With my before machine:
1 GB RAM (Sometimes was 2 GB)
AMD 3200+ 2.something GHZ
Same HD's
Some ATI Vid card

Vista loaded fast, but now it takes like 5-10 minutes or longer to get past the screen that says windows vista with the loading bar and a minute or so to get past the loading screen with the logons to load the logons.

How to fix?

·
Trusted Advisor
17,572 Posts
Did this machine come from the OEM with Vista?
What make and model is it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
vista is updateing if you're on the net and doesn't let you know but doesn't like it if you shut down.
I found out after a new install,too late that stuff was being updated and installed, 44 updates I think.
Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.