Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have an annoying problem. I use a vista home pc as a basic file server, storing music, photos and other files for the whole family.

I can access all the shared folders on C:/ on the machine with no problems but as this drive was getting full, I installed a new drive, E:/ I intended to use a subfolder (Great Repository) as a universal store for everything. I had some success for a while, despite the fact that I had to enter a username and password each time.
Installing AVG internet security totally stopped access (now fixed by turning off the firewall)
I have only been able to access the Repository files intermittently. More often than not, I get a message saying that it is not accessible or that I do not have permission to access it. Sometimes, however, I am able to access and read the data. I have no trouble with files in any other drive.
As far as I can tell, I have given full permission to do everything to everybody, including me.

I access the resource using another vista home premium PC and a win 7 home premium pc. Both have the same problems.

I have seen that this is not in and of itself an uncommon problem, but I cannot find any way to solve the trouble when one drive is accessible and another not.

I should very much appreciate any tips you could offer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.