Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vista Internet Problem

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Event3horizon 
#1 ·
SO i had vista a month ago and got rid of it a month ago, reason being is that my wireless internet stopped working or i should say went down to about 3kb/s slower then dial-up, when normally it was 1000+ kb/s. No i do not have mcafee, so it wasn't the phisher. I really wanna reinstall vista, but i dont wanna find out 10 minutes later that im screwed and need to go back to XP.

pentium 4 2.5 ghz
2gigs RAM
6600 OC gfx card
AWLL3026 wireless adapter (for said internet problem)

Now i checked the manufacturers website for my AWLL3026 and it does have vista drivers, but even with the drivers installed i still got extremely slow internet, no this is not just browsing speed i get booted from games too for haveing 99999 ping. If anyone has a solution id be really happy, cuz i wanna play halo 2 >_>

#6 ·
Go upstairs, disconnect router, and modem from power source. Wait 1 minute. Power them back on.

On your computer...
Go Start>Run, type in:
cmd
Click OK.

In Command Prompt window, type in following commands, and hit Enter after each one:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Restart computer.

#14 ·
I jut installed the bare driver (not the vista driver) and it seems to be working well, i have yet to test in-game.

*edit*

Just tested ingame and its still not back to normal its better but its still extremely slow 400 latency in a cod4 server that used to give me 60, at least its better then 999.

#17 ·
yeah its mine, i did something and im getting decent internet speeds and download speeds, but gaming is still a lagfest.

*edit* nvm thanks for all the help its running fine, i did the dnsflush stuff with the bare drivers and not the vista drivers and its running great thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.