Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I bought this Toshiba Satellite L305-S5865 running Vista Home Premium. I installed Avast (free version), Firefox and ZoneAlarm (free version) - same as on my XP machine - only to discover that apparent conflicts on Vista between these 3 programs caused Firefox not to work properly. After searching the web, I found many reports about these conflicts. Ultimately I stopped using ZoneAlarm, and Avast, and switched to Avira and an older version of Firefox (vers 2.0.0.20), and Microsoft Firewall (yuck) to solve the problem.

Now, a year later, perhaps Vista updates, or ZoneAlarm updates, or Avast updates have eliminated these conflicts.

Is anyone out there SUCCESSFULLY running Vista with Avast! 4.8, ZoneAlarm 8.0.298, and Firefox 3 together?

Thanks,
Jack

·
Deceased
3,850 Posts
hi why are you using both avast and zonealarm both of these are antivirus and it is never a good idea to have two on at the same time that will be a cause of conflicts as both will be trying to take control

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi why are you using both avast and zonealarm both of these are antivirus and it is never a good idea to have two on at the same time that will be a cause of conflicts as both will be trying to take control
Avast is an Antivirus program, and ZoneAlarm (free version) is a Firewall. They do not conflict with each other - at least on XP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.