Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue screen crash...
Maybe it is a coincidence, but right after downloading and installing Vista SP2, machine crashed.. Desktop, Vista Ultimate, 4 GB Memory, 250 GB hard drive, partitioned. It continues to crash even with all 3rd party programs disabled. Will even crash while sitting at the password screen. Disappears to fast to read, tried to pause/break screen and print screen, but no glory.
Can anyone help?? Can't restore, spent 4 hrs. w/Microsoft online chat. no help..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After the goo-roos at Microsoft spent 24 hrs. evaluating why my system was crashing after downloading and installing Vista SP2, they decided it a memory problem.. Well, multiple times the memory scan was run and there were no failures. Additionally, I changed out the sticks of memory to each slot, (there are only 2) and left one out. It did not seem to matter which one either, it kept on crashing.

Anyway, we did a custom install with the Vista Ultimate OEM disk.. Started over pretty much.. Finally I was able to do a system restore from my NAS and now back to where it was before SP2... I am at a loss as to what I should do. Any "Helpful" advice????

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is there a reason why you need SP2? But if you really want to then I would just try to install it again. Download the service pack straight from the Microsoft website or the Windows Update Service do not try any other website other than Microsoft. If it crashes again then I suggest trying another Operating System.

Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.