Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm trying to install vista 64 on my computer having just bought the motherboard, ram and processor from my signature. Previously I was running Vista 32 (and I am still, thanks to this problem).

When I try to install vista 64 only the 250GB hard drive is visible. I proceed to install the drivers from the motherboard installation disk but the x64 drivers are not detected (there is a folder on the disk labelled x64 raid drivers). The x86 raid driver in the x86 driver folder is detected so I use that instead. Vista now recognises my array. Great!

Installation seems to go well but after the first reboot, the windows loading screen appears for a few seconds, then a BSOD flashes for half a second and the system reboots. Repeat ad-infinitum!

I have tried removing one of the RAM sticks as I have heard there can be problems with Vista64 and 4gig of RAM but with no improvement.

32 bit installs perfectly on the array.

I'm at a loss. Can anyone suggest a solution or tell me where I can find RAID drivers for 64bit vista. The AMD website doesn't help. What drivers I can find are part of a .exe install and are only useful after the operating system is working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Signatures aren't allowed for new members so here are my specs:

M4A77TD Motherboard
Phenom II X4 955
4GB DDR3 [2x2GB] Patriot DDR3 1333Mhz CL7
2 x WD Caviar 40GB in RAID 0
1 x 250GB IDE for data
650W PSU
HD4870 1GB