Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again!

One thing I am observing for some time is that some TSGians reply to their VMs in their own page! In other word they send messages to themselves! :D

Is there some way this could be avoided? Like a user won't be able to see the message box in their own profile or something similar.

Thanks!

Firebreather :)

·
Administrator
13,568 Posts
I'm not sure you get an email for VM........I think you only get the notice of it at the top right of the page, just under your name, like when you have a PM that you haven't read. But I don't ever remember getting email notification of a VM. :)

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't get an e-mail notification for a VM either... that's only for PMs.
And you are right, the notification arrives at the top right of the page.

But the notification doesn't appear at all if the reply is in other's VM box.

Like, say I send a VM to you. You will click on my username to view profile or "view conversation" and then reply. Right?
Problem is not everyone does that! :D
They reply in their own profile.

Probably because they can see the message box even in their own profile....
Its a mistake anyone can make.

·
Administrator
13,568 Posts
Like, say I send a VM to you. You will click on my username to view profile or "view conversation" and then reply. Right?
No,........if I see the notice that I myself have a VM, I go to my own profile, same as I would when I see I have a PM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.