Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm trying to setup a VPN lab using windows virtual server 2005. I need to setup a 5 computer network. I'm trying to do this on 3 computers. I had virtual server setup on 2003 server enterprise, and was going to pit XP on it. The install part on the setup page for XP was greyed out. I looked up the documentation, and it said I could use XP as a host, but it wasn't listed in the guest OSs. So I went to a computer I have XP Pro on, installed IIS, then virtual server. When I go to the page to setup a virtual machine, it asks for credentials. I'm already logged in as the administrator, the only account on the computer. Well, I type in my user name and password, and it tells me I don't have permission to access the page. I created another administrator account, restarted the computer, went to the virtual server page, it asks for credentials, I type in the new administrator account, and get the same thing---I don't have permission. What is going on? The XP computer is a stand -alone---it's not a member of a domain. The lab calls for this computer to be a stand-alone. Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.