Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with virtual network adapters not displaying under network connections (WinXP PRO SP3).

Specifically, I'm trying Hexago Virtual Multi-Tunnel Adapter and Microsoft Loopback Adapter.

They display under device manager, and Microsoft Loopback Adapter displays under IPCONFIG but does not obtain an ip address (it gets a 169.x.x.x address). I have DHCP enabled on my router. Hexago Virutal Multi-Tunnel Adapter only displays under IPCONFIG as
Ethernet adapter {92E05311-E540-4405-A525-80ABD9C93EE9}:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Neither displays under Network Connections.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly, I'm speaking about 2 issues here, though they are related. One of them is from Microsoft. Does Microsoft support its own products? Sort of. The forums for the other one aren't much help either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I said nothing about a VM, just virtual network adapters and loopback adapters. If you don't know what that is you can't help me. Also, I meant the problem shows with 2 adapters, not that there are 2 problems.

All of the information is there for somebody who understands the problem and knows how to solve it. I came here to ask for help, not to teach you what loopback adapters are. Seriously, you should change your experience because it's misleading as is.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I said nothing about a VM, just virtual network adapters and loopback adapters. If you don't know what that is you can't help me. Also, I meant the problem shows with 2 adapters, not that there are 2 problems.

All of the information is there for somebody who understands the problem and knows how to solve it. I came here to ask for help, not to teach you what loopback adapters are. Seriously, you should change your experience because it's misleading as is.
I understand computers, servers, networking, and all related items very well. I have been in the profession for 19 years.

Since you wish to be evasive and rude, I will leave you with your issue. Bye.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.