Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here’s my question, I recently got a netbook, the Acer Aspire One, and because it doesn’t have a CD/DVD drive I’ve been using a virtual drive and experimenting with what games I could get to run on it, which has so far has been older games like Morrowind and Halo. Seeing as is could handle those games at a fairly good frame rate I figured I would try a newer game like Supreme commander FA which the Acer can just meet the minimum system requirements for. I created an iso from my desktop and mounted it in my virtual dive and I was able to install it ok, however when I go to run the game some how it’s able to tell that it’s being run in a virtual drive and I get an error saying Please disable any virtual drives or emulators before running the game. So I was wondering if there where any virtual drive creators that can get around this, I’m currently using Alcohol 52%, or at least by what processes the game is figuring out it’s in a virtual drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could use an external drive hooked up to the USB port......the thing is what you are doing is the same as people who do not own the game and as we can not tell either way....then the TSG rules apply unless a Mod says otherwise.
Well I've though about getting a usb drive the problem is however that they are some what cumbersome and expensive. As for what I'm doing it is not illegal nor what you would do if you wanted to just copy the game it's merrily changing the media by which the game is read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.