Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Win98, when I select VIEW-OPTIONS, I get the message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administator."

Any idea how I can gain access to the OPTIONS menu? Or how I lost access to it in the first place?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Hi,

When did you first start experiencing this problem? Were you able to previously access the Options menu? If this is the case, then what apps or utilities have you recently installed on the system? Did you install Windows on this system yourself? If not, then whoever did might've created a policy on your system that prevents users from accessing certain items. If you don't login to the system (hit cancel at login screen), can you access it? It couldn't hurt to run a virus scan.

Please post back with further info.

:)

P.S.-Welcome to TSG!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
:eek:

Sorry about my previous post, but RRE never mentioned Internet Explorer, and I was under the impression that he/she was referring to Windows

"In Win98, when I select VIEW-OPTIONS, I get the message: "

I imagine my response would've been different had I known it was an IE issue. So again guys, sorry about that last post.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by columbo
Hi,

When did you first start experiencing this problem? Were you able to previously access the Options menu? If this is the case, then what apps or utilities have you recently installed on the system? Did you install Windows on this system yourself? If not, then whoever did might've created a policy on your system that prevents users from accessing certain items. If you don't login to the system (hit cancel at login screen), can you access it? It couldn't hurt to run a virus scan.

Please post back with further info.

:)

P.S.-Welcome to TSG!
I am not sure if the problem has always been there, but I do not believe so. I have installed Nortons Utilities a few weeks ago. The computer is a 850Mhz Gateway with pre installed Win98.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.