Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start -- I'm somewhat computer illiterate. I can sluff my way through most problems, but when it comes to big things (well, big to me) I fall flat on my face. Anywho, that said:

I've had my Toshiba laptop with Vista for less than a year. After I first bought it, it gave me a lot of trouble. I had to restore a few times. The drivers and video files were giving me all sorts of hell. I ran into a problem where DivX (or VLC, or Windows Media player, OR WinAmp) wouldn't play videos. DivX recognized that there was a video there, but wouldn't play it. VLC played it, but with no sound. A friend actually helped me through this problem. I think he installed some audio drivers and k-lite codec pack.

WELL. I had to restore my laptop AGAIN the other day. Guess what? Same issue. Only this time, downloading the k-lite codec pack didn't work, and when I tried to install the audio drivers Theo had they didn't work. :(

I've installed a few different codecs trying to find one that works -- No go. K-lite, Nimo, Vista Codec Pack. Nada. :(

Any suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.