Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
techincally this is triple6's fault. i think.

i followed the instructions in the "solved: videocard problems" thread, because my screen was blanking out randomly. this involved wiping my computer of my old drivers and installing new ones. so I did it and reset my resolution settings to normal and stuff, but now, when I try to start counter strike source, I get:

Unable to init shader system

WHAT?! :eek:

being a major counter-strike geek, i would REALLY like it if someone could help me with this.

thanks,

roger
r
edit: not to mention that when I try to scroll on pages in Firefox, it does this wipe thing from the top and i get a beep.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
alright, i reinstalled the drivers for the fx 5200 again. the firefox problem is fixed, but when I start CS:S, i get this error first telling me that it couldn't set the video settings and that it was going back to defaults, and then it tells me that my videocard isn't good enough?! rrrGH!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump. I have a LAN Party coming up next week that i prepayed for so I need help on this soon!

edit: CSS is now reporting I have a lower than 7.0 DX version card. Is it possible that the entire system and not just CSS thinks this?

·
Registered
728 Posts
When you uninstalled all your drivers it could have hosed your direct x drivers. Let's check and see what's going on with your direct x files.

Click start, run
type dxdiag

See if your running the most recent direct x which is 9.0c

Then of course you could try reinstalling direct x as well......

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
This would seem to indicate that your video card drivers are not installed correctly.

If you have the latest drivers(77.72) then try going to an older driver set like something in the 66.XX series. Just do the normal uninstall of the Nvidia drivers thru Add/Remove Programs to remove your current driver.

I did found this: http://support2.vugames.com/hl2/answer.aspx?ID=7161

Additionally it may be that you need to re-install the chipset drivers for the motherboard to rectify any AGP/GART issues that may have occurred as a result of upgrading the video drivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.