Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using an Ati Radeon 64Mb DDR card. Some games, such as Starcraft, run in 256 color mode. Whenever I load the game, I get white vertical lines all over the screen, especially in black areas. The same is true for when the desktop is set to 256 colors. I updated the drivers last night, but it didn't fix it. So far, Starcraft is the only program that I've had this trouble with, but its because its the only one that uses 256 colors. I would really appreciate any feedback on this. Even some comments would be appreciated. The Starcraft trouble shooter says to put the screen display to 256 color depth at 640x480, but this just makes it worse. I dont know why the Radeon seems to run better, the higher the graphics setting. I would think it could at least handle 256 color depth. But anyway, please help me on this one.

Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Do you have DirectX8 installed?

You might check the release notes for your driver and see if there are any known conflicts. An email to ATI support might find them interested...

http://support.ati.com/issuetype/driverdirect.html

Also your motherboard may require agp drivers; if you have ever formatted, they would have been wiped out. Or they might not have been installed if the system was custom built.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.