Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I have just installed a PC-USB Internet Video Camera model # WC-10 ( it is a cheap webcam,about $30.00 CAD) and it uses the VP-EYE 3.0 software which has a option called Video Email. My O/S is Windows XP Pro,and I am using Dail-up as my ISP. I can not get the option video Email to work. I have D/L the lastest driver for XP for the website of the Webcam manufacturer which is www.Logitech.com . I can record a video email and save it as a .avi file which is what the tech. guy at Logitech told me I should use. Every time I go to send the video email to a friend it keeps saying that the video email has fialed and please try again. I can open and view the video email that I have saved as an .avi file on Windows Media player on my own computer, but can not send as video email.

Do anyone have any suggestions......

Thanks

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
You might want to archive the .avi as .zip or something similar, using Winzip or the built-in archiver in Windows XP. This will not only make the size smaller, but chances are it will co-operate better. You could then add it as a regular attachment which the person receiving it would have to unzip.

This is also useful because a lot of anti-virus and anti-spam programs will not let the .avi attachment through, as it is used as a vehicle for viruses from time to time. This might also be why your email is failing.

Lastly, it might be failing because it is timing out...If the .avi file is large enough. Having a dial-up connection certaintly won't help you send it :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi WarC...
Thanks for you reply. Are you suggesting that I save the .avi file and then just attach it to a regular e-mail? When I tried to send the video email it was only a 10 sec video clip. And do you think that most of my trouble is with the fact that I am using a dail-up.When I would send the video email it would be scanned by my Norton Antivirus and it would that a long time to scanned the email before sending and then I would get a Mail Failure report from OutLook Express about 30 to 45 min for the 10 sec. video email

Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.