Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running Windows XP SP2 on a ThinkPad G41, has non-integrated nVidia GeForce FX Go5200. Whenever I install the driver for the video card, the LCD shuts off. I tried using the IBM driver from their site, the nVidia Forceware driver, and the Forceware driver with a modified .inf file. Using the IBM service partition to reinstall factory settings doesn't even allow XP to install successfully. I have to manually install XP. I just replaced the video card to get the Laptop working again before the driver troubles. I theorize that I replaced my bad video card with a slightly broken video card. Can anyone confirm this or come up with other possibilities?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I booted into safe mode and couldn't change the refresh rate. The only option is "Use hardware default settings." I've also examined the possibility that my bios/firmware of the video card needs to be updated, however, I haven't been able to find any bios files for my particular card, in addition to the fact that I don't know how to flash the bios.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.