Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question- I hardly ever (almost never) use my computer to play games, other than a my daughters few disney games here and there, do I need a seperate video card. I am thinking of getting a new computer and the seem to have "onboard video" wil that be ok?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The game(s) themselves will tell you if you need a new video card. If they fail to load they will indicate that the video card is the reason. So get the new computer and try the games. Worst case is buy a new video card. Many onboard video cards will run (at lower resolutions) a lot of games that you would not expect them to run.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
superman38 said:
I have a quick question- I hardly ever (almost never) use my computer to play games, other than a my daughters few disney games here and there, do I need a seperate video card. I am thinking of getting a new computer and the seem to have "onboard video" wil that be ok?
just as a note make sure your new pc comes with an agp or pci-express graphics slot, not just pci, that way your covered. From the games your mentioning it doesnt sound like you will but it pays to be prepared.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.