Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey,
A week or there abouts ago when I clicked on my games to start playing I got this message that said that there was no video card and direct 3d acceleration could not be enabled. I then checked settings in display properties and it says (default monitor) on ......that’s it and when I go to display in direct x it just says nothing under device. It also says that direct draw, direct 3d are not available. Just before my video card was not working I had some type of blaster worm virus on my computer if that has anything to do with it? I’m not sure what video card I have but it’s a NVIDIA and I have the latest drivers for it and the latest version of direct x. Any help or ideas on what could be wrong would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

· Registered
25 Posts
There are a couple of possibilities which come to mind.
I just went through a similar problem. you can go to the thread to see some of the suggestions

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=214221&goto=newpost

Is your monitor connected to the Video card? I have seen people work on their machines and re-connect to the on board video

Check the driver number and date in the Device Manager. I had believed that I had the latest driver and found that the WinXP driver was installed. (No 3D)

Check your BIOS. most offer the choice of Video through AGP, PCI, or on board.

· Registered
1,276 Posts
Adding my 2cents into the mix.
If you got an Nvidia card. d/l the lastest drivers for it. Go to Micro$oft and d/l DirectX 9b. Now once u got those bad boys d/l install nvidia drivers first, after which install DirectX .
Now it wouldn't be a bad ideea to get some sort of virus scan on the puter. Since it's possible the virus might still be there and would do the same thing.
Oh yeah. After you install the video driver and directX see if the monitor is recognized . If it's default might have some problems when it comes to games as in pic not showing right ( shifting to the left , right. up, down , u catch my drift )
HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.