Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so yesterday I decided I'd update my driver for my video card (I think it's a video card...), which is an Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controler. However, when I went to the Intel site and downloaded the proper driver, it failed for an unknown reason. I tried a few more times with now avail. I would really like to fix this because I am stuck in 640x480 resolution with 4 bit colors, and it's really ugly...

Some other useful information:
Whenever I played WoW (starting yesterday) after about half an hour I'd get a blue screen with an error similar to this.. (BSoD) This is why I decided to update my driver.

I also tried to "roll back" the driver, but that didn't seem to do anything either.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Banned
11,097 Posts
Howdy,

Have you check for any heat issues.......fans all working...PC not clogged up with dust.

What Memory do you have in that PC?

To find out your Video card... Click Start>>Run type devmgmt.msc click OK

First do you see any yellow warning signs beside anything especially the Display Adapters?

Look down the list for Display Adapters and click on the + sign to expand it...what gets expanded is your video driver....make a note and post back what it says.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it says exactly: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controler, and there's a yellow circle with an exclamation point ("!") in it. We have .99 gig of RAM, and that's the only display adapter on the list.

I doubt it's a heat issue, we've had the computer for over 2 years, and we've regularly cleaned it for dust. We have never had this problem before, either.

EDIT: I am going to school right now, and probably won't have time to check this again until sometime around 3 Central Time, so that's why I won't respond.

EDIT2: Back home again. Anybody know how to fix this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.