Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently installed a GeForce FX5700 on my motherboard, it appeared to be running fine, I installed the drivers directly from the nvidia website and updated it via windows update. But since i installed it, while playing World of Warcraft i would hear an occasional beep coming from my computer case and a while after my computer and the game would completely freeze, either that or my moniter would switch off and display a message saying "Out of scan range". Its been doing this after about 1/2 hour in game. My Award bios is set to default except one option to enable my cd rom.

Im using..
Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 (build 2195)
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4S8X-X REV 1.xx
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
2.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS P4S8X-X ACPI BIOS Revision 1004
512 Megabytes Installed Memory

if you need more info just ask.

please help me i dont know what else i can do. Im not very good at troubleshooting.

thanks in advance,
Kris

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is it a AGP card, check if your mother board ahs compatability issues. Also make sure your power supply is sufficient to run the video card.

·
Registered
94 Posts
ok check the box of the video card, or their website about incompatability issues. try to figure out what your motherboard is

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its made by a company called Ennyah, the manual and box offer nothing but its features and how to install and their website.. even less. is there anyway to test if my power supply is sufficeint for my video card?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres the specs on it as listed on back of the box.
Graphics Core 256-bit
Memory Interface 128-bit
Memory Bandwidth (gb/sec.) 14.4
Fill Rate (pix/sec.) 1.9bil
Verticles/sec 356 mil
Pixels per clock (peak) 4
Textures per pixel 16
Dual RAMDACs (MHz) 400

·
Registered
116 Posts
This could be caused by the Graphics card overheating. The fact that it runs for s while before crashing suggests this. Running normal windows will not put such a load on GPU on the graphics card thus it would not heat up so much.

Perhaps the fan on the graphics card is not working correctly. Run the computer with the cover off to check.

Regards

Craig

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes i thought of that, i checked both the cpu and the fan on the card and they appeared to be mounted properly, i took off the side of the case, mounted an extra fan and set a large fan next to the open case on High. doesnt seem to be making much of a difference.

·
Registered
94 Posts
do you have enough system ram? ou need at least 128 megs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got 256, i put my old card back in and it works fine .. better infact and its a 64mb gforce2. Im going to return the video card becuase the manufactor wont reply to my emails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.