Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copied from another forum I've posted on.

So, one day, I decide it's time to format, like I have so many times before. I save my stuff on C:, go to dos, la la la, now windows is reinstalled. However, when it boots I get a strange message about creative synth and midi wavesets being disabled, for my sound card.

However, after much fooling around, I have come to an odd occurance. When the computer has all the drivers installed it needs to run games, I will get that message, and mp3s will be choppy and unworking. When all the drivers except the ones for my Radeon 9000 Pro are installed, EVERYTHING works, no skipping in mp3s at all, and I get no message at bootupl. This would be fine of course, except for the 640x480x16 colors resolution I get with this.

As soon as the drivers are installed, without fail, this stuff starts happening again. Talking to my brother we decided it was a conflict happening because the sound card shared IRQ10 with the Modem. So after fiddling around a bit I get the Modem onto IRQ11, with the Video card, same deal. So then after much more fiddling around, I get the video card on IRQ12, Sound card on IRQ11, and Modem on IRQ10. 'FINALLY!' I think to myself, and boot up to normal windows. Message comes up, mp3s do the same stuff. So, if it's not a conflict, I haven't got a clue what it could be anymore.

Has anyone ever heard of/experienced this, or have any ideas what could be the problem? All the hardware in the computer has been here since christmas 03, so it's not a recent hardware conflict.

System specs:

GA-7VAX motherboard
Athlon XP 2200+ cpu
SoundBlaster Live! Value sound card
Radeon 9000 Pro video card
Intel DSL/PRO 2100 modem
896 MB DRR ram
Windows 98 Second Edition opperating system

Any other information needed?

Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT]I forgot to mention, I can play WMA files fine, but when I play WMA or mp3s, my internet connection blanks out until I close the file, and then the connection is back instantly, but this is only when the video is installed, when it's using VGA, I can play it fine with internet.[/EDIT]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that page already, it's for another card, I don't have the 'load wavesets button' where it says to look, and the thing is, the load wavesets ONLY happens when video drivers are installed. When it's standard VGA it doesn't pop up, and sound works perfect. Thanks for the reply though. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.