·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a message saying that I'm running out of space of drive c:
I looked at drive c: and there are 2 very large files:
t1d4.1 which is 9,975,232 kb and
t18o.1 which is 2,093,252 kb.
Does anyone know what these file are? Do I need them?

There are 5 similar files with an extension of .2, but their size is 0.

·
Registered
14,142 Posts
Apart from T180 being a model number for an Acer computer I can find nothing googling those file names so they are a bit of a mystery. They certainly are not related to any Windows Operating System files so should be quite safe to delete.

Does anyone else use your PC who may have downloaded something. Where are the files saved? can you open any of them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding.
The file is t18o --- the letter o, not the number --- so it's not related at all to the Acer.
I also googled the files and found nothing.
No one else uses my computer.
I can't open it because it's too large for the programs that I have. (I doubt that it would be readable in any case.)

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
torrents P2P peer to peer file sharing
i get quite a few hits for Frazer and other programs on torrents using t1d4
its where you can download movies TV programs - usually illegally and breaking copyright laws - which we will not support here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't download tv programs or movies. I sometimes watch things on you-tube and I've watched one things on iba.org. It sounds like I would have to be using torrents knowingly, which I haven't done.
Do you think I would hurt anything by changing its name and trying to run my computer without it? If that works, then I could maybe delete it?

·
Registered
14,142 Posts
As I had stated before the files are quite clearly not related to Windows so you can delete them. Changing the name of the files would be ok to do as a final check.

·
Registered
14,142 Posts
Your welcome, any problem deleting the files just post back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.