Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was making a simple library software in VB & thought it would be nice to have a "Spybot-search and destroy" type of interface. (ie. some 3 to 4 main navigation buttons in the left pane, with all forms opening in the right part)
But, being a beginner, I have no idea about how to design such a layout.
Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Spybots interface is made up of menus, graphical buttons, a logo (assuming just an image), a label witht he instructions etc. I would just mess around with the various objects in the toolbar and see what you can do with them. If you have a more specific question about an object, please reply and we can try to help you out setting up your interface.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
You can have a few frames. One each for each other set of objects (command buttons, drop down menus, etc.)

Place all the frames at the same position on the form. It will be a bit complicated during form designing. On the button_click event, change the frame.visible property of each frame.

For example,
In button1_click,
frame1.visible-true
frame2.visible=false
frame3.visible=false

In button2_click,
frame1.visible-false
frame2.visible=true
frame3.visible=false

In button3_click,
frame1.visible-false
frame2.visible=false
frame3.visible=true

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I think I will be able to add the menus and the graphical buttons.
I will try out frames, but how do I ensure that when a specific frame is displayed, only objects related to that frame are displayed? ( I would like to bind different objects to different frames.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.