Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Windows 7 64Bit machine I built myself in September last year. Has been running fine without any problems. There are 2 front USB ports.

Last week I plugged an empty USB pen drive into one of the front USB ports and the system froze - nothing worked, forcing me to do a hard reset.

I plugged the drive into my laptop and it worked fine.

I subsequently plugged a different (part full) pen drive into the same port and it recognised the drive, and everything worked fine. That drive has remained in the port.

This afternoon I connected my Android phone to the 2nd front USB port to charge it (something I have done many times before) and the system froze exactly as before, forcing a hard reset.

I left the phone plugged in during the reset and on boot up it is connected still, is charging and I am able to access the phone as a removable hard drive as normal.

Windows reports no problems with the USB drivers. All my other system drivers are up to date as are the Android drivers.

I have 6 rear ports (2x USB3, 4x USB2). There are a variety of devices plugged in to these - USB mouse, USB keyboard, 2x USB external HDD, printer, USB hub (not powered). They are all functioning normally.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.