Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here; couldn't find any reference to this problem. If there is one, kindly direct me.

I take classes online. We often use Elluminate as a classroom tool. My computer freezes and must be rebooted at least once each two hour session. Any ideas about how to fix this? My computer (Dell Inspiron 531--stop laughing, it was a gift) often freezes. If I wait, it will "catch up to itself" (again, stop laughing, I'm a computer dummy) usually; but it will not when I am using Elluminate (i.e. synchronized sessions using elluminate.com). Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can give me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow. I am having the SAME problem, and doubt it has anything to do with your computer. I have updated network drivers, Java runtime, etc. My daughter has several Elluminate sessions during the week, and most are at least 1-2 hours each. During this time, she ends up having to reboot the machine at least 2 times!! The tech support folks are not sure what's going on and are limited in what they are able to do.

As a datapoint, this didn't happen last year, and I know that Elluminate has updated their java application.:mad:

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Well, this clearly sounds like a problem with that application if no other issues are apparent on that computer. Other than pursuing it with the folks that wrote it, I don't really have any other ideas.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Perhaps you have a more general Windows corruption issue or hardware problems and not just this application.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have never received a BSOD with this Elluminate session, but I will say that it continues to occur. It is frustrating as there is no way to really troubleshoot when the machine freezes. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now I'm getting "the dreaded blue screen." It's very frustrating!
Does the BSOD actually point to a windows driver or file that it's faulting in or does it flash the BSOD and reboot? For the latter, I have literally sat there with a digital camera in order to capture the name of the driver that was causing the issue - not fun. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.