Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to automatically configure Outlook 2002 to auto-complete addresses? (in other words, so that any address I begin to enter for SENDING messages, will auto-complete so I only have to enter a couple of leters?)

I know it's a feature, as I've been using it for years, but here's why I ask now...

I use Outlook 2002 from office xp suite (NOT OUTLOOK EXPRESS). I just had to reinstall my XP operating system, and now I want to be able to use the auto-complete feature on any outgoing emails. My experience has been that I first have to send a message to someone, in order for outlook to recognize this address and auto-complete it the next time. Obviously this is a huge hassle if I have many names in my contacts folder.

When I first set up my system, I did just that; sent a message to virtually everyone in my contacts base, so that every subsequent time I wouldn't have to include their full address. just got it over with once and for all.

But now that I've reinstalled XP, I really, really, REALLY don't want to have to go through all that again...anyone know if I can do this simply?

Thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.