Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I hope someone can help with this. I recently aquired a used computer. It came from an apartment complex that has a computer room where residents can get the internet and use other programs. My problem is it will only allow me in on the tenant side. I have no admin. privileges. When I asked the manager about how to get admin rights she said the computer had been a replaced by new ones a long time ago and she didn't know how to get the rights. It runs NT4 and it will not allow me to update, install a printer, format or anything. I've taken out the CMOS battery and put it back in, allowing me to get in without a password, but only on the tenants logon. Is there a way of getting the rights through the registry or command prompt?
Thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
there are ways to crack the password, but if you have the disk handy, and dont need to save any files, I would boot to a floppy, and do a format/re-install of whatever version of windows you want. NT 4 is not the most user friendly for general in home use.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how could I get a boot floppy? I don't think the computer will allow me to do that either. Is there a way of getting one without using that particular computer?
I totally agree--I don't like NT and would really like to change the os.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.