Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My USB ports on my Vista Ultimate laptop have stopped working. Nothing in Device Manager is showing any kind of error. I've got all the latest Windows Updates and drivers for all my hardware.

Only a few devices still work such as my Integral 2-partitioned pen drive and XBOX360 wired controller. Devices such as my iriver S10, Elements Digital Western external HDD and PATA/SATA to USB adapter don't work. A install driver window pops up but it can't find any drivers on the net. Oddly all the ones that don't work are plug & play and worked fine before what ever caused this error (I think it was a Windows Update but I have no idea which one).

Even my HP Photosmart AIO 2575 printer won't work even though I have the up-to-date drivers for it. The installer even detects its connected but just hangs.

I'm starting to think about going back to Windows MCE 2005 SP3, this is hardly the first Vista problem I've had this month :mad:. Anyone know how to fix this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.