Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old computer Pentium233 Processor MMX running Windows 98 SE which does not have an USB port. I have installed a USB PCI Card. Besides the card, what else do I need to have. I tried to set up ADSL USB Modem
Model Aztech DSL360-U but wasn't successful.

·
Registered
324 Posts
See if you can locate the manufacturer of the motherboard. Go to their web site and download the latest drivers for that board.

What you will basicly need will be the PCI controlers.

If this is the problem that you are having. (More specific on the problem)

Good luck.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Installing the W98 drivers that came with the board is the only additional thing I've ever needed.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
The USB modem is going to need drivers and software as well. Your ISP should have provided you with software and instruction. Additional it would help to know what happened when you tried installing the modem.

And Errors in Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager? It should list the USB controllers as working properly.

I would recommend you get an ethernet card and a DSL modem with an ethernet connection. It will be much less taxing on the computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.